Monday, April 4, 2011

Decided

I just emailed the University of Snow that I am accepting their offer of admission.  This afternoon I have to contact the other universities about my decision (not as fun).  After thinking about this literally for years, I'm surprised by how much I feel like, "Wow, this is all happening so fast!"  I guess there's a difference between thinking about the process and thinking about the outcome of that process.  Now I will be switching from obsessing about the application process to the process of becoming a U. of Snow PhD student (moving, etc.) and very soon after that, embarking on the journey of 28,000 steps toward earning my degree.

On an unrelated note, I absolutely hate the fact that my current university email account has been moved to a full-fledged google gmail account.  It shouldn't be a problem, but google doesn't have their shit together.  I was able to change the settings so I can be logged into my personal gmail and my school gmail at the same time.  But upon logging into Blogger to write this post, both my school and personal gmail accounts automatically logged out, and now both screens are prompting me to log into my personal account again (i.e., the account linked to my Blogger account).  I just checked the google web site, and it states that Blogger does not support multiple account log ins.  This is annoying in the extreme.  I think logging into Blogger with a different browser window will work, but it's stupid that such a thing is necessary.

2 comments:

Tam said...

Congratulations! I look forward to hearing about your adventures at U of Snow for years to come.

mom said...

That's great, Sally!! You can start buying your winter wardrobe while everything is on sale.