Friday, March 11, 2011

Stipends

I did a little comparison between the stipends at University of Snow and University of Mountains at White People Like City -- in terms of where I'm living now (and receiving a stipend of about $9,000 for 9 months), University of Snow's stipend is $18,500 (with additional summer support) and University of Mountains is $11,500 (with additional summer support, I believe).  So my questioning how people can live as grad students in such a rich, touristy town as White People Like City appears to be a very reasonable one, even without factoring in the wonderful extras like $29.99 sushi nights and ski trips.

2 comments:

Tam said...

That stipend difference could make a huge difference to your quality of life over the next few years. It's quite a valid consideration (and I think you prefer U of Snow anyway, so it's really a win-win).

mom said...

I was going to say the same thing Tam did, so ditto!