Thursday, March 3, 2011

Still in Limbo

So it looks like I am on an unofficial wait list at the highly-ranked ACC marketing program I applied to.  Once again, I was beaten out by some quant types (though reading between the lines, I think I was a favored but not favorite choice on the CB side so they gave the limited number of CB offers to other people).  We'll see what happens in the next couple weeks - it's possible some of those people will choose to attend elsewhere (come on, y'all - Wharton and Stanford are excellent programs so take their offers!) and open up a slot.  My "champion" within the department is going to do what he can.

In any event, I have an onsite interview on Monday and am hoping that in the next couple weeks I will be getting some good news from my father's nemesis school, with whom I had a good phone interview.  There are also two other marketing programs that haven't interviewed anyone or made any decisions, to my knowledge, where I assume my application is still in play.

And most importantly: I have already been admitted to a marketing program at a school I'm willing to attend, in a city I'm willing to live in (and where Robert can get a job), and with enough funding that I won't be dumpster diving behind the McDonald's!  Things are good, people.

2 comments:

rvman said...

Hopefully, between the two of us we can earn enough such that we are dumpster diving behind an Outback or Appleby's, surely.

Tam said...

Considering how many foods they stack together on every plate at Applebee's, I'm not sure you could tell the dumpster food apart from the food as served there...