Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Yet Another PhD Update

Today:
Number of official acceptance offers received: 1 (social psychology; a program I interviewed with on the phone and was emailed by my potential advisor that I was being accepted)

Number of rejection emails received: 1 (social psychology; I expected it since I did not get an invite to the interview weekend that happened a couple weeks ago)

Number of rejection emails sent: 1 (social psychology; the program I had only received an unofficial offer from)

Number of telephone interviews conducted: 1 (marketing; a school my father resents but that has a seriously kick-ass consumer behavior program)

So my current status is:
Official acceptances - 1 psych, 1 marketing
Waitlists - 1 psych (almost assuredly will become a rejection)
Rejections - 3 psych
Interviews scheduled - 1 marketing
Interviews done with no follow up yet - 3 marketing
Withdrawals - 2 psych (was 1 acceptance, 1 shortlist)
No contact - 3 psych (2 almost assuredly rejections), 2 marketing (both in play, I believe)

Oh, and the update on the thesis front - all hope is not lost; adding an additional moderating variable appears to make the model at least possibly reasonable.

1 comment:

mom said...

Wonderful news on all fronts! Glad the thesis is going better.