Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Not So Fun

It's definitely the illness season at school.  Last week, 4 students were too sick to attend research methods lab, for example, and I've had a bunch of sniffly, coughing freshmen coming into the experimental lab to participate in my thesis study over the last two weeks.  I was feeling pleasantly surprised that I have seemed to avoid catching whatever bugs are going around, but this afternoon, I've changed my mind - I'm clearly getting sick and am longing to go home, lie down, and mew pathetically.  Fortunately my last lab session ends at 6, and I don't really have any other work I must do tonight.  I'll be through with data collection early tomorrow afternoon (yay!) and then I get to the more fun and exciting part: analyzing my data and evaluating just how much crack I was smoking when I put this experiment and these hypotheses together.  But unlike collecting data, I can crunch data from home, and though I do not favor the "working on my laptop while reclining in an easy chair" mode of working from home, I do sometimes take the advantage of mid-afternoon nap opportunities. 

So, yep, my life lately is all about obsessing over PhD applications, avoiding illness then succumbing, and engaging in laboratory subterfuge.  Oh, and looking at cute photos of rabbits and other animals on the Internet.  Check out Louie: he really disapproves of laboratory studies!

1 comment:

mom said...

Take care of yourself so you get well sooner. Louie probably disapproves of people getting sick, too.