Thursday, March 18, 2010

That's Prophetic

A couple weeks ago, during a period in which I'd been listening to a lot of Alex Chilton, I dreamed that he died (of a drug overdose). I woke up with this odd confusion about whether he was alive and got curious about what he was up to these days. Turns out, he had reformed Big Star and was touring.

Last night, Alex Chilton actually did die (of a heart attack).

While this is clearly coincidental (like how a couple years ago I was dreaming nightly for a couple of weeks that I had been out in a canoe and discovered a previously-believed-extinct ivory-billed woodpecker and I woke up one morning to find that someone had just done it), and I obviously had no role in either foreseeing or causing this to happen, it does feel creepy nonetheless.

It's a sad thing. I'm tuning into the KROB Alex Chilton station now.

1 comment:

rvman said...

He was scheduled for SXSW this weekend. There is an obit at the SXSW website.