Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lapin

RB sent the link to these gorgeous rabbit photos.

I'm particularly taken by the one of the white rabbit with the tan spots holding up the stick in her [look at the dewlap on that one - she's a girl!] mouth, and the yawning lop is a classic of the form, but there are a lot of great photos here. It's too bad the photographer didn't have the opportunity to work with Katy, the most lovely bunny ever, but she definitely made do.

And that minestrone soup looks delicious.

4 comments:

Tam said...

Gorgeous! Sometimes I wish I could have bunnies, but I think I would be a bad bunny owner. (Cats are demanding / free-range enough to make sure their needs are met.)

Jen M. said...

Beautiful! I told the boys, these rabbits are giving them a run for their money in the cute department :)

mom said...

These are wonderful photos. I wonder how they got the rabbit to stick out his tongue or the one who had his mouth wide open like he was yelling?

rvman said...

Yelling Bun was yawning - I've seen Kate and Leo both do it, often when I was sending them to their cage at a later bedtime than normal. Stand him on a stand late at night/during a long daytime shoot and point a camera at him, and he's bound to do it at some point, if only out of boredom. It could also have been a chance shot - of all of the rabbits he's photographed, this one happened to yawn at an appropriate time.

Tongue Bun was probably cleaning a paw or something, and lifted his head before shutting his mouth. I've known cats which do that.