Thursday, January 21, 2010

Some Descriptive Statistics

From June 9, 2009 through January 21, 2010:

I have walked an average of 5.7 miles per day (standard deviation: 1.4 miles).

I have eaten an average of 1980 calories per day (standard deviation: 190 calories), which is bizarrely in line with the government recommendation (if I recall correctly) that women eat 2000 calories per day.

My strength training numbers are truly pathetic. I did a total of 228 minutes (yes, less than 4 hours) during this 7.5 month period. Yikes. That's about 1 minute per day.

3 comments:

mom said...

Yeah, but that 1 minute a day is more than most people do.

Tam said...

So, over those months, you walked a total of about 1290 miles, or about 200 miles farther than the (driving) distance between you and your parents. Impressive!

rvman said...

I'd say the time spent wandering the campuses (campi?) with large bookbags probably partly counts as 'weight training'.