Monday, January 25, 2010

Recycling Bin

This weekend, Robert helped me take my recycling to the bins on the other side of the property. It was amusing to see how few different kinds of paper recycling I had from the kitchen given that the recycling filled a pretty large computer box:

Local Sunday newspaper
The Economist
Honey Nut Cheerios
Quaker apple cinnamon instant oatmeal
Rosemary Triscuits
Kashi granola bars
Saltine crackers (3 different brands)
Lance's whole grain peanut butter crackers

It seems like not much variety in boxed foods, though I'm not sure what else I would expect to be seeing... Kraft macaroni & cheese? Tuna Helper? Instant mashed potatoes? Chocolate cake mix?

3 comments:

rvman said...

All I would probably add to that is DP 12 pack boxes and a little variety to the cereal boxes. Since we don't use packaged foods so much, we don't use much paperboard.

Tam said...

Frozen dinner boxes. Those are a pretty big item in our bin.

Sally said...

I do sometimes eat a Lean Cuisine boxed meal, but I don't think the boxes tend to get into the recycling bin - at least half the time, the box ends up serving as the plate holder and thus gets covered in Beef Fun Chow (or whatever the hell it is) sauce.