Tuesday, April 14, 2009

PSA: Word Choice

Though I would have thought this an obvious point, I discovered while grading papers today that there is at least one person who is unaware of it, so I thought I would post this public service announcement:

When critiquing an advertisement as part of an undergraduate marketing course assignment, there is no situation in which referring to the product showcased in the ad as a "pussy of a [whatever]" is a good idea.

Yes, this is true even if you are a woman.

Yes, this is true even if the product in question is a cat.

Yes, this is true even if the product in question is actually related to female genitalia.

1 comment:

mom said...

It never ceases to amaze me how some people are so inappropiate about language in a work setting. And, I consider a college class a work setting.