Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I Heart Nertz

This evening for the first time in my memory, when I was sorting the cards after the game, I found that I had played an entire suit (hearts), ace through king, to the center, sequentially.

If you don't play the game, this may have no immediate meaning for you, but nertzers, this must be rare, right?

I had been feeling that I was working really hard to get the stack built up to where I could play the king of hearts straight off my nertz pile (because sadly, that was my best chance), but I had not realized that I had gotten no help from Robert in this regard whatsoever.

(Lately, I have frequently felt that I was working hard for every move off my nertz pile, and at one point in the game, Robert made a "pulling teeth" sound to accompany my play.)

My final score of 38 is not my highest ever, but considering the A-K hearts, that was possibly my most impressive game. (Also, winning 38-17 is pretty cool by itself.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully, Robert was building his own stack of A-K. If not, that is really good, Sally!! I know I have never done that, but I'm not the best nertz player either.

NNA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sally said...

Well, Robert did build hearts A-4...