Saturday, April 26, 2008

Sally's Closet: Cleaning Off My Desk Edition

Today I have three pieces of paper (which are now in the recycle bin) to share with you.

Work Doodle #1: The Giraffe

Giraffe-like creatures are a common doodle theme of mine.

A rare, unchained giraffe-creature

Work Doodle #2: A Collection of Mostly Alice-Related Characters

Figures include, from upper left, what looks like a very fat bat but I guess is an owl because of the words "hoo hoo"; the Cheshire Cat superimposed on a supply-demand chart; a bird on a tree limb with the words "follow bunny" underneath; a bottle labeled "Eat me"; a cat saying "meow" and thinking "woof"; a girl; a snail; a butterfly; a rabbit; and a dog thinking of a dog just like himself.

I like how the P and Q complicate the dog drawing

Note that both doodles are here presented with the shadow of death over them. Very symbolic, no doubt.

Print-out of Journal Article

In case you are curious to see what one of my peer-reviewed publications looks like.

Apparently written in a Swedish-Polish
Robert cleaned off his own desk last night and found, among a couple of reams of paper that was recycled:

(1) An inordinate number of gigantic doodles of connected hexes, which he explained was used for mapping in strategy games. I thought that if I taped all of them up on the walls, we could get that crazy-obsessive person vibe that was used to good effect in the movie A Beautiful Mind.

(2) A paystub from 2003. Um, yeah.

No comments: