Thursday, April 24, 2008

Personalized Apology Card For a Significant Other

The latest Achewood comic made me wonder what would be the most appropriate apology cards for common situations I get into with significant others in my life.

For Robert: I'm Sorry That I Was Such a Nutcase; My Blood Sugar Totally Crashed. Lunch at Matt's on Me?

For Mom: I Didn't Mean to Imply You are an Idiot By Criticizing at Great Length a Point of View You Were Merely Mentioning to Me But Don't Even Hold Yourself

For Leo: I'm Sorry You Never Get Enough Carrot But You Can Eat This Card

Anybody have ideas for their own cards?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I never wrote/called back, but I kept getting distracted and then I forgot.

I'm sorry I never contact you, but I never think of fun things to do. I actually think of you every time I make chocolate milk (using the technique you taught me)/clean out the microwave (you gave me)/juggle (with the juggle balls we made together).

I'm sorry I hardly ever comment on your blog, but I do enjoy reading it and hope you keep writing.

I'm sorry you never get enough carrot, but I don't even really know you.

**

I also want various condolence cards:

My condolences on still being in prison during [fill in the holiday].

My condolences on med school not working out.

Sorry you got fired/laid off. Remember, if you kill yourself/gain fifty pounds/burn through all your retirement funds, they've won.

I'm sorry the IRS/ex-wife's lawyer/ex-business partner's bankruptcy cleaned out your account.

Sally said...

For some reason, the med school one struck me as really funny - maybe because it is succinct and so mildly stated.