Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sally's Closet: V2K

This is actually a variant on the "Sally's Closet" theme because it's not something I found from my stash at my parents' house.

The past two weekends, I have spent some time going through various stuff to sort things out for the Goodwill bin. For instance, I finally decided to get rid of the vast majority of my music cassette collection, some of which I have purchased on CD - I don't think there is much point in keeping music in a format that is so old that even I am no longer using it. I did keep about a dozen cassettes that I may want to get on CD at some point, that I don't even remember enough about what they are (so I want to look them up), or which have enough nostalgia value to keep for now.

In going through books, I came across a piece of paper that I had doodled on, possibly at work. The "farther... faster" nonsense was some kind of motto the company was using (possibly, hopefully, only internally), which I think dates to the era of The Bungler, who came to us after we were bought out by the Humongous Global Corporation; clearly I was struck by its similarity to the name of a sex flick. The date is clearly on or around February 14, 2000; time unknown.

All it's missing is a grocery list saying champagne, chocolate, Prozac

2 comments:

rvman said...

Shouldn't that be "globular"?

Anonymous said...

I am impressed by the straightness of the lines that make up the clock hands.