Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Professor in Three Parts

I have decided that my linear algebra professor is some combination (a linear combination? ha ha) of three things:

1) The Mad Hatter as portrayed (voiced by Ed Wynn) in Disney's Alice in Wonderland;

I shall elucidate
2) Vizzini the criminal genius (played by Wallace Shawn) in The Princess Bride;

Wait until I get going! Where was I?
3) Some as yet unidentified third party (ideally from another brilliant and beloved movie of my youth). I'm missing an exuberant, but not crazy or devious, element here, also with a bit of self-deprecation. Any thoughts?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka?

Anonymous said...

Um, Scarecrow from Wizard of Oz? Or Woody Allen? :)

rvman said...

Donald O'Connor's character from Singin' in the Rain - the "Make 'em laugh" guy?

Sally said...

Hey, good suggestions, guys. I will have to scrutinize these possibilities.