Thursday, December 13, 2007

Fuzzy Vest Convert

Stylin'Last Christmas (prior to Operation Cheap Ass), I went shopping with my mom and could not resist purchasing this fuzzy vest, even though it seemed an impractical choice for Austin. (Am I wearing a vest with a nightgown in this photo? Why yes, I am.) Wearing it last winter, and part of this one, I have found it sort of surprising, actually, how warm you can be just by keeping your trunk covered up. (I guess 4.8 million Coloradans can't be wrong on this.)

It's an amazingly useful thing to wear for staying warm (indoors) while not adding more bulky sleeves. Favorite situations to date for the fuzzy vest: eating, cooking, typing, playing cards. It does not seem like a promising garment for sleeping, however.

Mine has a smooth exterior and a fuzzy lining. Fleece vests are also incredibly popular and easily available (and do not have to suck if you can get fleece that is pet-fur resistant).

So if you have a tendency to get chilled, but have doubted the warming power of a cover-up that doesn't even have sleeves, I recommend you give a zip-up vest another look. But please note that I cannot condone wearing an argyle sweater vest under the vast majority of cases. Exception: you are playing golf at St Andrews and are also wearing knickers and argyle knee socks.

1 comment:

Tam said...

I really enjoy vests, and agree they are superior to jackets for especially indoor wear, where you want your hands free for eating or whatever.

A regular nylon/downy vest is great outdoors too.