Friday, May 11, 2007

Successfully Too Short

I managed to get my hair cut too short at Super Cuts on my way home from work this afternoon. I told her that I usually get my hair cut at the hairline but I actually wanted it somewhat shorter than this and the extra hair on the neck shaved. She looked at it and said, "I can go an inch shorter than your hairline because your hair is so blonde. If it were black, no." I agreed and ended up with nicely too short hair that I am looking forward to washing and drying extremely quickly while I'm at Colorado State next week and on a night-time shower cycle. And if I'm lucky, it will be at least 3 days before my hair starts frizzing out again at the ends.


Woo hoo, I was able to get a photograph of the back of my head! Note the impressive use of double mirrors. The lighting in the bathroom makes my hair look really orange. I have not actually been washing my hair in Libby's pumpkin puree, despite what a fan of the product I am and that I still have a dozen or so cans of it from that crazy 17c per can (or whatever it was) sale at Albertson's. Man, my neck looks really weird with my head turned slightly to see the camera - I look like I'm about to go all Hulk any moment. You know, if Hulk turned orange.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your haircut. You have such thick hair that this looks really good on you. Enjoy it while you can - your hair grows super fast. Before you know it you will need a super cut. :)

Anonymous said...

And your too short hair doesn't even look too short! Your plan is totally working.

My mom likes to have her hair cut "as short as possible without it looking funny," but sometimes she ends up feeling that it looks funny after all and like she has to make up for it with lipstick and large earrings. You will have no such difficulties.

Sally said...

Thanks for the positive feedback on my haircut. It looks a little bit sillier from the front, but overall, I'm pleased with its too short but not crazy (funny) too short quality.

Tam said...

I (accidentally) got my hair cut slightly too short last time too. About a week later or so it started looking awesome (by my standards).