Thursday, April 12, 2007

Math Update

Mailing the university extension office about not hearing from my instructor got results - I had a response from him and grades for my first two homework assignments (97, 100) by the evening. I'm wondering whether the fact that people can start up the class at any time means that the instructor sometimes has a new student for a period of time without noticing. He may not be in the habit of checking for messages if he doesn't have a current student. There's no way for me to tell how many other people, if any, are enrolled in the same course as I am.

And yes, he said the proof in the study guide was wrong and sent me the corrected version, which made complete sense.

I have three more completed assignments ready to mail tomorrow. Plus another one that will have to wait until next week.

2 comments:

Tam said...

So you've finished 5 of the 19 now? Awesome :-)

Sally said...

Actually, I have finished 6 of the 18. (I have one ready that I cannot send in until next week, given that 3 in one week limit.) I had hoped to get through another this weekend, but I have been way sick. (I was expecting this, but it's been much more dire than I thought.) This work-at-your-own pace system is working pretty well for me, given how my energy/wellness level varies significantly from day to day.