Thursday, March 8, 2007

My Rice GPA 5 Different Ways

Since a lot of the materials I've been reading about graduate school talk about the extreme importance of one's undergraduate GPA, Robert dug out a copy of my transcript from a file cabinet I didn't know we had so I could figure out mine. I had a rough idea of my overall GPA but had never looked at the various different GPA calculations that grad schools use.

Overall = 3.64 [= cum laude]

Excluding freshman year = 3.88

Last 60 hours = 3.92

In major: Psychology = 3.80 / Economics = 3.81

I also did one calculation simply on quantitative courses, which Robert suggested - I was almost afraid to go there but I came up with a surprisingly okay 3.40. (Unless of course I did the math wrong. Heh.) This doesn't change the fact that my quant background is weak.

And yes, I did screw up in that adjustment period of my freshman year. It's too bad it took me 25% of the way through my college career to get my act together, but at least it happened at all.

No comments: