Saturday, April 14, 2018

Spend a Few Weeks with a Cold/Sinus Infection

...and it's sad how you fall behind on blogging.  Oh well, I did catch up on a lot of Netflix, I guess.  (Better Call Saul season 3 hit a new high point.  I think it was better than Breaking Bad at its best.)

#NatureTwinning Part 40

Vinca--Friday, 3/2/18

This new thrifted skirt (lined, in immaculate condition, fits perfectly) is a prized find.  I am particularly pleased with how nicely it works with this floral blouse.  I would like to revisit this blouse/skirt combination in warmer weather.

*Aqua/navy skirt (thrifted), $3.74

Outfit cost per wear (OCPW): $24.05


Even though it's technically Spring, our weather is nowhere near it (we are expecting 8-12" of snow as I write this, in the middle of April), so I'm enjoying this flash back to flower season (which in Missouri lasts into October, apparently).

Missouri Botanical Gardens

Big Pink Bushes--Tuesday, 3/5/18

This sweater is another thrift store purchase I was very happy about.  I've been wanting a red cardigan to wear with long-sleeved shirts, and this one is comfy, is in nice condition, and is a lovely and unusual pale red color.  I like the brown buttons, too--I've been wearing more brown lately (as will become evident over the next month or so of outfits), and it's nice to have that extra bit of coordination.

Oh, and the t-shirt I'm wearing...it's one my mom bought me for my birthday for sleeping in.  I'd told her this style was one of my current favorite t-shirts, and she bought me a bunch of colors to coordinate with my flannel pajama bottom collection.  It has been sleep perfection.  I like a regular t-shirt for sleeping in as well or better than dedicated pajamas tops from knit fabric, and they are more versatile also.  As you can see.

*Light red cardigan (thrifted, Lands End), $5.24

OCPW: $13.58


And apparently it's flower season every single day in Los Angeles, if this is what it looks like in late December!

Los Angeles Arboretum

Orange Fish--Wednesday, 3/6/18

This is a straight-up "start with a scarf and wear all the colors in it" outfit that didn't require much effort (hence the brilliance and popularity of the start-with-a-scarf strategy), but I think the result is pretty great.

OCPW: $8.08


And then there's this simpler take on orange, black, white, and blue.

Newport Aquarium

In other news...20 years, 119 self-designed hand-knitted sweaters.  He travels around taking pictures of himself wearing sweaters that match famous landmarks.  This guy is crazy-amazing.

No comments: