Monday, April 16, 2018

April is the Snowiest Month

This weekend we broke the record for the snowiest April in Coldville with over 25" of snow!  The 15" we got in the weekend's storm took us over the top.  Yay, team...?  Way to go, April....? But we got a snow day today out of the deal, so I'm not complaining!

#NatureTwinning Part 41

Orangutan--Thursday, 3/8/18

I had wanted to buy some new full-length (not ankle) pants, but didn't really want a trouser silhouette.  That was hard to shop for, until it occurred to me to look at colored denim.  These perfectly-fitting burgundy jeans are great--even though they're denim, they don't look very different from normal cotton pants, just thicker and more structured.

For their debut, I went with a bit of a coral/burgundy/orangy-leopard mix up with a black and white base.  Not my favorite combination of all time, but I did like having the bright scarf to punch things up.

*Burgundy jeans (JCP), $22.49

Outfit cost per wear (OCPW): $36.88


This guy has a more classic take on orange with black/brown.

Cincinnati Zoo

Rays at Scott Aquarium--Friday, 3/9/18

A Friday outfit in shades of blue and not a speck of denim to be seen.  What?  I retired my denim skirt and started replacing it with this new navy skirt.

A monochromatic outfit works best with various shades and textures (see how I use google to find other random bloggers to back up my assertions?), and I definitely have that going.

I sort of amuse myself how I live in these quilted/puffy vests, which I am content to add to pretty much any work outfit.  Putting the casual in business casual all season long.

*Navy skirt (Walmart), $10.50

OCPW: $20.94



The tie-dye scarf puts me in mind of ocean waves, which I think these rays would appreciate if they were into the subtleties of human clothing.

Henry Doorly Zoo

In other news...I do like a monochrome outfit on occasion.  However, no matter if I were to dedicate myself completely to this style, I could never be the Queen of Monochrome.  That title is already taken by Queen Elizabeth II.  Her coat collection totally rocks.  I think she must literally have every single color.  The neon green was a bit of a surprise!

No comments: