Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Coming in Like a Lion (or Leopard?)

Soft and Blue -- 2/26/14

This is the other cashmere pullover I purchased at the crazy and brief Macy's sale over the holidays -- another shade of blue, of course.  Love it.  (And yay, I did not pair it with either green or red!)


New item:
**Bright blue cashmere pullover from Macy's

Different Shades of Bluish-Green -- 2/27/14

I'm not generally a pastel kind of person, but this winter has been so long and so cold that I find myself looking forward to spring.  If I can't have spring-like weather, though, I can at least start wearing some spring-like colors.  A lightweight wool cardigan over a long-sleeved t-shirt is about right.

Also, these pants are really great -- they are a normal office-work style trouser in typical office-work trouser fabric in a color/pattern that looks very similar to extremely dark denim.  Because denim goes with everything, these pants go with everything -- it's like you're wearing jeans while still being business-casual appropriate.  Nifty.  I bought two pairs in slightly different denim-like dark blue colors, so I'll probably hem one for flats and leave one the original length for wearing with a slight heel (these wedges are under 2" and that's about as high as I'm willing to go for business-casual).


New items:
**Light blue flower cardigan (thrifted)
**Blue "denim" pants from Kohl's

Signature Piece -- 2/ 28/14

When the olive green safari-style jacket I stole from RB many years ago got an ink blotch in the front pocket, it was resigned to birding jacket status.  When my booty got too bodacious for the jacket, I had to go without an olive green jacket for a while, and that felt weird.  But Goodwill came through this summer with two great jackets on a single trip.  The first one, which zips up and has a hood, has become my new birding jacket, and I debuted it at Yellowstone NP in the fall (where it worked like a champ).  This is the other one -- it has more of a slightly fitted blazer construction with buttons.  Wear it and achieve instant awesomeness.  I feel very Sally-like in such a jacket.  (Do the following sentences imply Sally-like = awesome?  Hmmm.)


The way the scarf was tied and then tucked into the jacket puts me in mind of an ascot tucked into a smoking jacket.  Well, I'm wearing it with animal print smoking slippers, so it works for me.


New item:
**Olive green safari style blazer (thrifted)

A Familiar Cashmere Feeling -- 3/4/14

Ever hopeful that it will eventually be spring, I decided I needed to get wear in on the remaining cold-weather sweaters I have.  This is a silly one I got at Goodwill -- a cashmere hoodie!  And it's the same Macy's brand/cashmere sweater line as the new pullovers I bought this year and has the same great feel to it.

This is also this skirt's debut on the blog.  I purchased it at REI for our Yellowstone trip, and it ended up being the most expensive skirt I own -- $60, people, for a skirt made for hiking, and it doesn't even have pockets.  It's made from some super-fancy tech fabric...that must have an embedded GPS that monitors your movements and automatically contacts the emergency ranger services when you appear to be in trouble on the trail.  Or something.  Well, it worked out fine on our trip, so I don't regret the purchase.  (Among other things, it appears to dry very quickly, which was nice during the rainy periods in the park.)


New item:
**Grey cashmere hoodie (thrifted)

2 comments:

mom said...

I love the blue sweater with the coral scarf!

jen said...

Thumbs up on the safari jacket too. Yes, very Sally-like!