Monday, March 5, 2012

Presentation Week

One down, two left to go this week.

Robert purchased me a crazy-ass looking but shockingly decent tasting type of brown rice spaghetti this week - it's a kosher rice pasta from Canada that is "Pasta Joy Ready" (tm).  But perhaps the strangest thing about it is its logo of two cartoon rabbits wearing overalls and holding up a grain of rice that is almost as big as they are, topped by the phrase "Not Mushy!"  (Is the rice in this universe gigantic or are those micro-tiny bunnies?)  I can't get a good photo of this from the package, but I can refer you to the site where the logo appears in action twice (telling us also "We bring rice-smiles!") about halfway down the page. 

I think they must use language like "Our entire factory premise and all machines" and "formed to gourmet class" on the package to make us believe that this is an authentic Asian product with language translated from the Chinese.  I also like the idea that it is "an ultimate in the enjoyment of pasta" (my emphasis).

3 comments:

mom said...

Hope it tastes good. Wouldn't you like to be able to eat spaghetti again? Hopefully, the use of bunnies to promote this product is a good sign.

jen said...

I even love that their graphic spins on their website. Who could resist?

Sally said...

The rice pasta tastes very similar to wheat pasta and lives up to the "Not mushy!" promise.

It gets the spinning bunnies seal of approval, I guess :)