Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Presentation Hump

Did my second of three presentation this morning and it went well. 

Yesterday when I was working on the presentation, it occurred to me that I don't have a laptop at school so I would need to put the PPT on a jump drive and borrow someone else's laptop in class.  One malware attack and about 90 minutes later, I had a loaner laptop in my office.  (Bizarrely, it is the same model as the laptop I got from My Masters University.)  Well, OK, that takes care of that, I guess.

So now I just have one presentation (and paper) on Friday.

I enjoyed this from a Harvard Business Review article about sustainability:

"Patagonia turned to Walmart, known for market strength but not necessarily sustainability, to help get the ball rolling on a VCI [value chain index that lets people compare environmental impacts of different products in an industry].  The two code-named their partnership David and Goliath.  Together, they had the credibility and power required to get their sector's attention.

In the fall of 2009 they sent out invitations to 12 CEOs of companies carefully vetted for their sustainability bona fides.  One recipient later said, 'When you get a letter from Mike Duke and Yvon Chouinard, with the logos for Walmart and Patagonia side by side, it's so bizarre that you have to read it.'"

No comments: