Thursday, March 15, 2012

Grades and Grades

I suppose it is indicative of the relative unimportance of grades in grad school that I never talked about the grades I got during the first semester of my PhD program.  (I don't know that I ever mentioned my grades at My Master U. either but those grades were boring.) 

So (cue suspenseful music): last semester I got a 3.93.  A's in all my seminars except one, in which I got an A-.  (If that math seems confusing, it's because all our department seminars are 7-week, 2 hour courses, and it's one of those I got an A- in.  But seminars in other departments are typically full semester, 3 hour courses.)

In any event, I am satisfied, my department is satisfied (I do have a minimum GPA I have to maintain), all is well.

1 comment:

mom said...

That's great news! Makes all that work worthwhile.