Friday, October 14, 2011

Roast 'Em

Now that the temperatures are more like autumn than summer, it's vegetable roasting season!  Today I made this lovely salad--I roasted half a can of chickpeas and a red bell pepper in olive oil for 20 minutes at 425 degrees, served over 2 cups of raw baby spinach with about 1/2 T. of balsamic vinegar and salt/pepper to taste.  Delicious.  (I ate it with a cold hamburger patty on the side.)



Right now I'm roasting a bell pepper and a handful of baby carrots for a snack.  It has yet to be determined whether it is even possible for me to get tired of roasted vegetables, but I'm thrilled to discover that roasted chickpeas are amazing in texture and flavor and a way to liven things up.

3 comments:

Jen M. said...

Looks yummy!

mom said...

I don't like chickpeas, but perhaps roasting them would be better.

Sally said...

Mom, I like chickpeas OK so I can't say whether roasting them would do it for you. But maybe it's worth a shot. It's super easy to drain a can of chickpeas and roast them. Dad might like them if you don't.