Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Head?

I have just now emailed my professors my discussion questions/reactions based on the papers for this coming week's classes.  They are due on Sunday night and Tuesday night.  It feels weird and awesome to be a little bit ahead on that (as well as already having finished my research proposal for the third seminar over a week in advance, though I still need to develop my presentation for the class). 

Tomorrow's big job - get my stimuli prepared for my (second) experiment I'm running later this semester.  (By stimuli, I simply mean the materials that the participants are going to look at and react to.)  It seems very straightforward in my mind what I want to do, but as Robert could attest after talking to me about it for a couple hours this afternoon, it's turning out to be very confusing and tricky when I sit down to actually write the damn things.  It's like I know I want to do X and Y, but it's really surprisingly challenging to figure out how to do both of those things at the same time, while worrying about this possible Z confound in the back of my head.

No comments: