Thursday, January 13, 2011

Site Visit

I'm back from my site visit to a marketing PhD program in the Big East and have started my first full, normal day of the semester.  Over the break, I didn't think all that much about hearing back from schools, but now I have joined the legions of impatient grad school hopefuls who are semi-obsessed with their applications.

Here's where I stand:

1 site visit (mentioned above).  I am expecting to hear back from them in a couple of weeks.

I have also seen "action" reported on the forums for two psychology programs I applied to - one has sent out admissions and wait lists (which puts my chances down to near 0 since I have not heard from them) and another has started conducting phone interviews.

The other two social psych applicants in my program have started hearing from schools, but not any of the ones I applied to.

It's early days, of course, but I'm still eager for news.  I just need to settle the hell down and work on remaining details, like my thesis and my poster for the conference I'm going to in a couple weeks.  Bah!

1 comment:

Tam said...

Definitely antsy-making stuff. Good thing you have work to keep you busy!