Thursday, January 6, 2011

Serious Disapproval

As you may know, I am an avid fan of the Disapproving Rabbits web site, a repository of awesome grumpy rabbit photos.  But this photo demonstrates a level of Extreme Disapproval not frequently captured on film.

You can kiss my lily white ...

When your rabbit shows his heels to you, he's really not happy with you.  As the amusing and informative Language of Lagomorphs page explains, the foot flick registers on the Offensiveness Scale as a 5 of 7 - "I am shaking your dust off my heels."

I confess to getting this sort of disapproval from Leo (an easily offended dominant rabbit) several times.  Robert and I also got the top level of disapproval - "You are the scum of the earth" - from Leo when he would be released from his carrier after a visit to the vet or the bunny sitter.  Katy was a much more phlegmatic bun.  However, I cannot remember a time that our rabbits were angry enough at us to rebuff the offer of a raisin; their hunger was bigger than their disapproval, I suppose.

Anyway, I thought this was an exceptionally adorable disapproving bun (get it, "bun").

(Note: The Disapproving Rabbits people should not be blamed for the tasteless caption on the photo.  That's my fault.)

4 comments:

rvman said...

Though naming the file "bunnybutt.jpg" is the fault of the disapproving rabbit people.

rvman said...

Leo would often at least temporarily reject treats when released after a car ride. He would first refuse to come out of the carrier, and then go sulk in the corner of his cage, refusing any treats. They would always somehow disappear if you left them for him, though.

Lee Ryan said...

I liked the caption. I guess that says something about me. :-(

Sally said...

Rvman, I'd forgotten about Leo's sulking refusal to take a treat when pissed. This disapproval was so intense that I suppressed the memory of it.

Lee, you and me both.