Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Upside, Downside

I started my new job as a research assistant last week and have been working 6-8 hour days doing literature review (i.e. reading and synthesizing a huge amount of published research and eventually writing the opening lit review section of a journal article). This has given me a lot of interesting psychology / marketing / food & nutrition stuff to write about, but not much time to do any actual writing on this blog. All in due time, I suppose.

I will not be working such hours every day in the weeks to come (I am working 20 hours/week) but I am trying to get ahead because Robert & I are going on a long (Wed-Sun) MLK weekend to an area of South Texas somewhat west of our last trip with hopes of getting a few more Texas specialty birds on our lists. (Cactus wren, be ready.)

The upside of the job is that I work from home, so my hours are entirely flexible and I don't have to make the long drive to campus.

The downside of the job is that I work from home, where distractions are plentiful.

On this note, to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the cactus wren!! Have a fun weekend.