Thursday, June 5, 2008

Meeting Ed, Finally

When I visited Tam something like a year ago, we drove past the street where Ed, a guy she had met and almost but not quite started really dating yet, lived, but we didn't stop by. Of course, almost immediately they got together and we lamented the fact that I hadn't met him when I had the chance.

But a couple weeks ago, Tam generously bought me a ticket to come visit her in Denver and meeting Ed was a major item on the to-do list. Now having spent quite a bit of time in his company, I can report: I like Ed. Ed is great. Tam can keep dating him with my blessing.

This is a very pleasant change from her last serious boyfriend, who not only was an asshole and an arrogant prick*, but hated me and disliked Tam after she had been talking to me.

*No doubt he had some good qualities or Tam wouldn't have dated him, but he was always an asshole when I was around, and that's something I find intolerable.