Thursday, November 1, 2007

My Image - Halloween Edition

Following Tam's lead, I searched on my first name in Google Images and the first one was this fan drawing of Sally from the beloved Nightmare Before Christmas movie:

A billion years ago, Robert and I went on a date to see that film in the theater and ever since, I have kept the obvious Jack and Sally Halloween costume idea in my head for when we really need a good one in a situation that merits putting some effort into the thing.


Others: a very young Sally Field, a boat, mandolin sheet music for "Sally Goodin," and the character Sally from the movie Cars (which I have not seen, but which sort of surprises me is a Porsche and not a Mustang).


Less thrillingly, my full name returns the photo and promotional page of an ex-model turned TV commercial actress that no one will mistake for me.

3 comments:

rvman said...

My name comes up with Robert Freeman, who is apparently an expert on Oracle, dressed in Tae-Kwan-Do clothes. He is followed up by a particle physicist in Sweden and a personal trainer in Maryland. Also on the front page was a picture of a book by Robert Frost, and a picture of Robert Palmer, the reknowned expert on choreographing dance teams of scantily clad, creepily identical women.

My full name gets a Fuselier in the British army and a javelin thrower. Neither, needless to say, could be confused with me.

You must have "Safe Search" on. My first search on Sally came up with the Nightmare Sally, followed by several dozen half-naked Sallys. As ever, yours is a more common name for fictional characters than real people.

Anonymous said...

Not at all surprisingly, the top hit for my name is of a certain famous actress in a bikini (with safe search on). Way down on page 5 of my full name search, you actually get a dance concert flier with a picture of me on it.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting article. Thank you for sharing.


gde kupit' dzhenerik sialisa