Sunday, May 14, 2017

Meowth to Meowth

"Introducing Bright Pink Pants"--Wednesday, 5/3/17

I bought these pants in February (at the same time as the red ones), and it's been a long wait to wear them.  But we are now firmly in the season of ankle pants and flats with no socks!  It was fun to wear a bunch of recently purchased spring items all in one outfit.



*Bright pink pants (JCP), $15.39/wear
Cream-white moto jacket (Loft), $8.75/wear
Navy and white striped swing top (Loft), $8.75/wear
Pink floral necklace (Target), $0.70/wear
Blue pointy-toed flats (Nordstrom), $1.92/wear

Outfit total: $35.51/wear

"Minty Boho Birds"--Thursday, 5/4/17

I decided to try these two items together because they both have "mint" in their name in my wardrobe spreadsheet.  While this has sometimes lead me a bit astray ("burgundy"), it worked beautifully this time.


Burgundy/mint birds blouse (Loft), $5.00/wear
Mint cardigan vest (Kohls), $2.93/wear
Black work pants (thrifted, CJ Banks), $0.44/wear
Grey leopard flats by Fergilicious, $0.50/wear
Dark grey ball necklace (Macy's), $1.76/wear

Outfit total: $10.63/wear

"May Flowers, Cardigan Style"--Friday, 5/5/17

The forecast said a high of 71 F but it ended up more like 75 F, which meant that a short-sleeved T and a lightweight cardigan with rolled up sleeves was an even more perfect choice than I'd expected.  I'm also enjoying continuing to incorporate this bold necklace (that I bought for Robert's mom's wedding) into work outfits.


Navy floral cardigan (JNY), $2.43/wear
Denim trousers (thrifted, Boden), $0.66/wear
White short-sleeved T (thrifted, Lands End), $0.80/wear
Blue/crystal statement necklace (Baublebar), $4.33/wear
Blue pointy-toed flats (Nordstrom), $1.85/wear

Outfit total: $10.07

Isn't this bunny sweet?  Could not resist the adorable matching bowls and plates with this cute guy.


In other news...It's time to share this "I ate three eggs every single morning for a week, here's what happened" article that Tam sent me a while back.  I'm a little bit of a sucker for these reports of self-experimentation in general, but this one is brilliant.

With each passing day, the probability that I will continue to be employed for the coming year (July 1-June 30) at my current job increases.  Our department director has said that she is prioritizing keeping employees as she deals with our reduced budget, and she thinks we should be OK given that she is not replacing one person who left for another department a while back and another person who is retiring August 1.  But last year there was a last minute deeper cut that all administrative departments had to absorb, so we can't rule out additional cuts that will blow up her budget.  But I am feeling less stressed than I did at this time last year, and I'm liking that part.

So hopefully I will not be on the job market soon, where I will be depressed when reading articles talking about the utter uselessness of job interviews, for example.
 
I just freaked myself out when I realized it was 8:00 p.m.  We have daylight so late that evening really sneaks up on you...a lot like today's featured Pokemon.  Meowth is totally the Pharaoh Pokemon, no?


2 comments:

Jen M. said...

Stress of potential layoffs is no fun. I couldn't be a freelancer for that reason! Unless I were independently wealthy, but then why bother? :)

Sally said...

Hahaha, so true!