Monday, January 27, 2014

Rounding Out 2013: Part 2

Leopard and Gingerbread Men -- 12/23/13

It just isn't Christmas if I don't wear my gingerbread men socks!


Oddly, I did not take photos of my Christmas Eve outfit that I wore to the aquarium or my Christmas Day outfit.  Too busy having fun?  Anyway, I remember what I wore on Christmas, so perhaps I will recreate it and wear it again for the blog.

Black Birthday Vest -- 12/26/13

Having a December birthday means that my mom's tendency to give everyone their birthday gifts at Christmas (now that we don't exchange Xmas gifts) doesn't affect me very much.  I actually picked this one out myself when the PJs she originally bought were too small -- damn you, juniors sizing!  Now that I've re-discovered the wonders of vests for winter layering, I'm happy to have added a plain black vest to my mix.

And yep, I'm standing in what appears to be an identical pose in these two photos -- and the fact that I'm wearing the same jeans and shoes makes them even more weirdly similar.  


New item:
**Black vest (gifted)

Home Again -- 12/29/13

You can tell I'm home again because I'm no longer wearing the red/blue/white/black color scheme of my holiday.  I was really pleased with how the new scarf worked with the argyle sweater -- I had not been as crazy about the other combinations with this sweater, but the geometric pattern of the scarf worked well with the argyle print, and the purple highlight colors in the two pieces were a nice match.  In any event, I'm finding this sweater to be surprisingly difficult to wear with a scarf.  It'll probably be easier to incorporate in outfits once I'm wearing it in warmer weather.


New item:
**Geometric print scarf from Kohl's

Alice Birthday Scarf -- 12/30/13

I ordered this scarf for myself on Etsy as a birthday present after seeing someone else wearing the Jane Austen version from the same store.  It took a while to get here, but it was worth both the wait and the cost ($40).   (And YES, you get both the White Rabbit and the Cheshire Cat visible at the same time when wearing it!)  Also, I have to admit that I am totally geeking out over the fact that I took this photo in a mirror so you are seeing everything reversed...like, you know, in Through the Looking Glass.  How fucking perfect things can be at times.  (Click on the photo to zoom in for the full awesome effect.)
 

They actually have scarves in a bunch of cool designs -- for example, I think the Skyrim map one is hilarious (esp. given how the game is infamous for having really crappy in-game maps).  The Wild Things one is So Much Fun (I would pick this one for Tam).  If my mom wore scarves, I would have to get her this one with classic books covers to wear to work at the library.  (If that's not a library conversation piece, I don't know what is.)

New items:
**Alice in Wonderland scarf from NerdAlertCreations
**Blue pullover sweater (thrifted)

Striped Sweater and Button Up Shirt -- 12/31/13

During my vacation, one day my mom wore a pullover sweater with a button up shirt underneath it, and I loved how it looked.  (It didn't hurt that the two items were in very similar shades of any icy lavender color that my mom with her pale skin and ashy hair totally rocks.)  So I decided to try this myself with two items I'd purchased at Goodwill. 


New items:
**Navy blue button up shirt (thrifted; Eddie Bauer)
**Navy and orange striped sweater (thrifted; Nautica)
**Hammered silver necklace from Jones New York

2 comments:

jen said...

I really like the skirt and boots, and that geometric scarf. So fun :)

mom said...

That librarian scarf is really cool!