Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Tours Salad

This is my version of a salad that Robert's mom makes.  For the dressing, I use 1 T. of olive oil and kind of wing the other quantities. 

Serves 1

1/2 - 2/3 bag of salad greens (whatever kind you like; I use a romaine blend with cabbage, etc.)
6 green olives, sliced
2 large dated, diced
1/2 oz. Tours mix, toasted for about 3 min at 400 degrees (see package)

Dressing:
1 T. olive oil
1 t. white wine/rice/etc. vinegar
1 t. Dijon (or spicy) mustard
1 t. chopped garlic (I use the jarred kind and include some juice as well)

Salt & pepper to taste

It has about 330 calories and 25 g of carbohydrates.

UPDATE:  I've decided it's fabulous with some chopped red onion as well.  You can also substitute silvered almonds (toasted like the Tours mix) and it's still quite yummy.

1 comment:

mom said...

Sounds good. We'll have to try it.