Tuesday, February 2, 2010

View from My Balcony


While it's not literally true that I've seen more snow in the last six weeks than in the last ten years put together, it has been an unusually snow-filled winter for me, considering I haven't made it north of Oklahoma.

It's been raining all day today (since the temperature has remained just above freezing), but it might be snowing again over the weekend. I stopped at the grocery on the way home from school and found out that my "oh my god I can't let myself run out of that" foods include honey nut cheerios, eggs, oatmeal, triscuits, cheese, and grapes - I seem to buy cheerios and eggs the way normal people buy bread and milk. (This indicates a potentially scary lack of produce in my diet but rest assured I have enough frozen vegetables to last many weeks.)

2 comments:

Tam said...

Cool picture! It feels like we haven't had any precip here in weeks and weeks.

rvman said...

Today was a fun day to be out, though it was cold - probably mid 30s and occasional flurries. Finally, the ice has melted here. (I was tripping over piles of snow even yesterday when I was trying to move stuff in.)