Sunday, February 14, 2010

Stats Surprise

For the past week, I've been thinking about the fact that my lab is having their first stats exam this Thursday and having this sort of sympathetic "I hope they're going to be ready for this" feeling. (I am also, you know, actually teaching the material so this is not entirely a wing-and-prayer situation.)

Just now, I got an email from my own stats professor with a list of fair game topics for our exam. What?! Oh, I also have a stats exam on Thursday that I had put on my calendar the first week of class and promptly forgotten about entirely. Oops. While showing up for class and being told that I have a statistics exam starting in 3 minutes is something less of a complete nightmare scenario for me than for most, perhaps, it is still really unpleasant to imagine.

It's funny how I have a disconnect between the flow of the undergrads' semester and my own. It never occurred to me to think that if my students are reaching the point where they are having exams, maybe I am reaching that point, too.

1 comment:

Tam said...

Oops! Good luck on your exam(s). I have two coming this week.