Monday, September 24, 2007

Two Math Test Grades

Calc 2 Test #1 - 99%. (I missed a sign which, if I'd looked more closely at the messy final answer, I would have known had to be the case.)

Calc 1 Final Exam - 98%. I have a 99% as my final grade. I now get to feel that UT is extremely lame for not giving A+ in undergraduate courses. All the same, even a straight up A is helpful to my overall GPA and is a big improvement over my Rice Calc 1 grade (B-). I hope that they manage to get the exam in the mail to me this time so I can see what I did.

Woo fucking hoo, people.

3 comments:

rvman said...

Yay! And the UT folks get something done on time for once!

rvman said...

This is also evidence that the 100% was accurate for the midterm in Calc1 - there is no reason to expect you did any worse on the midterm than the final - if anything, you were more confident in the first exam - and the final was a graded 98.

Sally said...

Yeah, I did not actually expect the UT grade today, but thought there was at least a chance that the instructor graded over the weekend and the admins got the score up. I'm glad all that hassle is over with.

I do think that my understanding of the concepts of the course was basically at 100%, so the grade is not unreasonable. Clearly the instructor did not take off too many points for silly math errors like what is the natural log of zero. Which rocks.

Also, just to put the Calc 2 grade in perspective, the class average was 74.5%. My paper had "Great!" written on it. But since this was not second grade, it did not also have a gold star or a sticker with a picture of an alien spacecraft and the words "Way to go!" However, I do own said alien sticker and can always add that, if my self-esteem requires it, at some later date.