Saturday, February 28, 2009

Another Likely to Be Ultimately Unuseful Offer

I got a snail mail acceptance packet from the masters program at the school that tried to upsell me earlier into their PhD program. Unfortunately, it came with no funding information, directing me to contact the department directly (their emphasis) with those questions. This is a super-pricey private school ($31,000 per year tuition) that is not well-known for funding even its PhD students fully, so my hopes are low that it will make financial sense for me to go there, given that it's not my favorite program. But of course, it still feels nice to be admitted.

Update:

1 admission, definitely no funding

1 admission, possible funding (I have been talking online to a woman in that program now who is currently on full tuition waiver and an RA-ship, so it's a real possibility; she's just been fantastically informative and nice in general)

1 admission, probably not enough funding to be cheaper than either of the other two schools even if they are unfunded

I have also talked to a current student in my most-favored program who said that she was notified of her acceptance in mid-March, so I still have a while before I need to get really antsy on that one.

1 comment:

Tam said...

I can't help but take these acceptances as a very good sign as to your chances at any programs that haven't answered yet. It seems that, as I (and probably you) thought, you are an excellent candidate for these programs. So, yay to that.