Monday, August 22, 2016

Monday Bonday

"Chambray Bunny"--Monday, 8/22/16

In this outfit from early last summer, she is wearing a polka dot dress with a skirt over it...a skirt that was originally itself a dress, too.

From rebeccalately.com

I took away from this not to wear a bunch of confusing clothing items, but the idea of combining a navy patterned top, grey skirt, and mustard flats.  I had initially thought that I would wear it with a navy cardigan, as in the inspiration photo, but then I found this prize at Goodwill--a new-with-tag chambray blazer, exactly like I've been wanting all summer!


Navy rabbit blouse (Disney Alice/Kohls), $6.60/wear
Light grey skirt (JCP), $2.26/wear
*Chambray blazer (thrifted, Target), $9.99/wear
Mustard flats by Mia, $1.00/wear

Outfit total: $19.85/wear


For the shirt, of course I had to wear my navy rabbit blouse.  It even has small yellow flowers to match my shoes.  Perfection.


The bunnies on my shirt are stretched out running.  This loooong white rabbit is in perhaps the most stretched out loaf I've ever seen. 

Mr. Buntastic, to be played by Iboan Gruffudd in the all-rabbit Fantastic Four remake...which would HAVE to be better than the human version, Ioan Gruffudd notwithstanding.

In other news...An essay on clothing in books, with a bonus link to that semi-famous Mallory Ortberg commentary on clothing in Atlas Shrugged.

I am happy because Saturday night, Robert and I did a Target/Walmart/Cub Foods run and I came home with a bunch of new short pants for exercising in!  I only had 2 pairs of shorts before, and with my trying to exercise most evenings, that wasn't cutting it.  We went to Target first and everything they had was both horrible and overpriced.  Even the men's department let me down--I can usually find basketball shorts that work but they only had running shorts with built in compression undies to hold the junk I do not have in place.  As usual, Walmart had simple knit exercise clothes at inexpensive prices--I was a little disappointed that they didn't have the knee-length shorts I've bought from them before, but I got several pairs of yoga capris and one pair of compression capris.  I know, I'm against capri pants as "real" clothing, but for exercising, they will work very well, I think.  I changed into a pair of them when I got home tonight and I can report that they are great loungewear.  They will also potentially supplement the grand total of 1 pair of pajama bottoms I have that aren't flannel.

I also finally got an olive t-shirt at Target and found several t-shirts at Walmart to replace colors of tops that I've recently put in the donation box (coral; they didn't have my preferred t-shirt style in mint), colors I've been looking for (beige! or well, actually, a very light brown, plus the heretofore elusive white t-shirt with black polka dots, as opposed to black t-shirt with white polka dots), or just pretty colors (a light magenta).

Two amusing things at Walmart while I was trying on t-shirts:

(1)  Someone came over the intercom to warn us that they would be closing in 30 minutes, at 11:00.  When we got into the car to drive to Cub, Robert said, A Walmart that closes at 11?  I said, A Walmart that closes?  (It was a Walmart without a full grocery, which is not a kind of Walmart either of us are used to.)

(2)  Robert reports that a Somali woman (in a hijab, that's the giveaway) was speaking to some other Somali employees, in Somali, and also to a Latina employee, in Spanish.  I don't really expect my Walmart workers to be trilingual (or more).

No comments: