Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Dental Mental

"Blue Mojito"--Tuesday, 8/23/16

Blue, white, and a bit of mint.  Today's outfit inspired the creation of this delightfully cool-looking alcoholic beverage.  You're welcome, world.

From cocktailtimes.com

Summer Blues is what this Reverse Inspiration blogger called her outfit, created for a Create28 Challenge last summer.  I liked the blue/mint color combo (and pattern mixing) a lot.

From alovelylittlewardrobe.com

Because I am (thankfully) not dealing with Texas summer heat, my outfit has an additional lightweight layer (short-sleeved cardigan) that further brightens up the look.  (Man, my shirt looks wrinkly in this photo!  I think I must have dug it out of the laundry for the photo session because when I wore it today, it was its normal smooth self.)


Mint shell (Nordstrom), $9.75/wear
Navy paisley skirt (thrifted, Target), $0.60/wear
White short-sleeved cardigan (Nordstrom), $1.53/wear
Blue/crystal bib necklace (Baublebar), $7.43/wear
Nude wedges by Cole Haan, $7.05/wear

Outfit total: $26.36/wear

I hadn't paired this sparkly statement necklace with my mint top yet--I am a fan of the combination.


Another winning combination?  A small Dutch, a medium food dish, and a huge Angora.

Someone else really glad not to be in the Texas heat.  Summer fur is tough, y'all.

In other news...An essay on pregnancy as performance.

Today's been a bit tough because I have an infected spot on my gum that hurts a lot.  Luckily I found a small bottle of Anbesol with an expiration date of 2007 that still has a numbing touch.  I need to remember to bring the bottle to work tomorrow to reapply some of it after lunch.  It was bothering me all afternoon.  I have a dentist appointment a week from Thursday, but I might have call for an earlier appointment if it doesn't improve.  This happened to me a few months ago when I cut my gum by hitting it hard at a weird angle with my toothbrush.  I'm not sure what's going on this time.

No comments: