Friday, August 19, 2016

Bitches Get Stuff Done

"Chevron Contentment"--Friday, 8/19/16

I decided to flip this purple + denim + black and white print outfit on its head as a way to wear my black and white diamond cardigan again on a somewhat cooler, rainy summer day (high temp 77 F).

From whyidodeclaire.blogspot.com

This is also a good excuse to wear my purple silk shell that hasn't gotten enough love.


Purple silk shell (JNY), $7.50/wear
Black and white diamond cardigan (JNY), $5.75/wear
Denim skirt (thrifted, Great Northwest Indigo), $0.28/wear
Black pointy-toed flats (Nordstrom), $1.92/wear
Black/teal/purple chevron scarf (Target), $2.56/wear

Outfit total: $18.01/wear

Claire has statement sunglasses and a classy purse, but I have a colorful scarf to help pull my outfit together.  I am well satisfied.


In other news...An interesting article on an expected upsurge in public misogyny in the event of a Hillary Clinton victory.

I keep seeing style bloggers this week writing about transitioning outfits into fall, and I feel a bit like they're out of their minds.  I mean, yes, we are having a couple cool days here in Coldville, but it's not going to be fall-like for another month!  Then I read this post, in which a Texan blogger says that a couple of days of rain cooling temperatures down to highs in the upper 80s is making her think of fall, and I'm like, Oh, what you guys mean by fall is not what I mean by fall.

Today I sent out the big set of reports I've been working on (on and off) for the last couple of weeks.  It'll be nice to start next week with something different to do.

2 comments:

Mom said...

So, if Hillary is President, her battles are just beginning.

Sally said...

Indeed.