Saturday, January 30, 2016

Weekend Ease

Gratuitous Green Leopard--Saturday, 1/30/16

Focal item:  Oversized brown pullover sweater (men's department)

This outfit is not rocket science, but it's an easy to way to wear a sweater--with skinny jeans tucked into tall boots.

From fashionablyemployed.com

Because I don't like turtlenecks, not even the Turtleneck That Ate Cincinnati, I added a leopard infinity scarf for warmth + a pop of color (and on general principles).  And later, when I became inexplicably freezing even though it was 69 degrees inside, I added my brown quilted jacket.  I spent the whole day on this weird body temperature roller-coaster that did not obviously correspond to the objective air temperature.  Oh, well, I also felt sick during the day so perhaps I developed a fever at some point.  Hmm.


*Brown pullover sweater (thrifted, Claiborne), $5.00/wear+
Skinny jeans (JCP), $1.41/wear
Tall brown boots by Fitzwell, $7.00/wear
Green leopard scarf (thrifted), $1.33/wear+
Brown quilted jacket (thrifted), $1.25/wear

Outfit total: $15.99/wear

So the observant among you will have noticed that I took a photo of my outfit while not wearing it.  For some of my weekend outfits, where I'm putting together some pretty basic ensembles with jeans, for example, I've decided to take a bit of a photography short-cut to speed things up for myself.  But if something looked OK on the hanger but later looked terrible when I wore it, I'll own up to it.  It's bound to happen, but I'm not worried about that happening on the weekend compared to a work day, when an outfit failure leads to panic and a grumpiness that just won't quit.

In other news...Robert checked last night and the tickets to Hamilton on Broadway are sold out until next September (where they start having the occasion opening for the Wednesday matinee for some reason).  So we won't be traveling to NYC to take in the show this summer.

But I'm willing to Wait For It.

No comments: