Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Remix Ruffles Realism Roomy Reason

MMMSC Day 21: Chambray Remix--Tuesday, 4/21/15

There's just no stopping the chambray train.  At this rate, I'll have my cost-per-wear on this 88 cent shirt down to nothing in no time.

Since my Easter dress was all bad-ass bunnies, I decided to get my Easter egg pastels on by wearing my lavender cardigan.  Maria provided a good chambray-and-lavender starting place for my outfit.

From notfancyjustlife.blogspot.com

I dressed things up just a bit with grey trousers, grey leopard wedges, and pearls.  And ruffles down the front of my faux-chambray shirt, of course. 


Chambray button up shirt (thrifted, LL Bean, 88 cents)+
Lavender cardigan (thrifted, Eddie Bauer)+
Grey pants (thrifted, Loft)+
Grey leopard wedges by Cole Haan+
Double strand pearls (Macy's)+

Whoo, that's such a relief to have the chambray button up shirt out of the way for the year.  Man, cognac boots, chambray shirt--I really am starting out this year by checking off the sartorial equivalent of the house sparrow and the turkey vulture.  Well, it's OK to ease into this thing...especially since I'm finishing up the MMM Style Challenge at the same time.  She dictated chambray--I couldn't help it!  Also, let me get real for a moment and point out that I added a pair of grey trouser socks to this outfit--it's just too cold this week for the sockless thing.  I drove home through snow flurries this afternoon!


Verdict: I'm not usually a pastels person, but for some reason I'm sort of obsessed with lavender ever since putting this outfit together.  I want to wear lavender with all the things.  Well, Coldville is a wear-cardigans-9+-months-per-year kind of town, so I'll have plenty of opportunities to remix the cardigan.

I'm also very happy by how I've cleaned my closet out.  I won't go so far as to say it's roomy, exactly, but it's not so over-stuffed anymore.

And the Wear the Wardrobe Challenge is a big reason I have not bought this adorable elephant T from Loft (at 40% off).  Even after cleaning out my closet, I still have a lot of short sleeved tops to wear this year (esp. by Coldville standards).  If it's not thrifted, bunnies, from another crazy Jones New York sale, or filling a clearly defined hole in my wardrobe (of which right now I have identified this many in the short sleeved top category: 0), that short sleeved shirt just isn't coming home to me right now.



Uh-oh, they also have an elephant scarf!  Well, I don't need another red/blue/white scarf either.  I'll just stick with my silly fish scarf instead.

You might conclude that these Loft items are irrelevant, and you're right!  "There's a whole lot of irrelephants in the circus."


 A to Z Blogging Challenge Day 18: R is for Remix Ruffles Realism Roomy Reason

No comments: