Monday, November 16, 2015

Damn Back at Work

It's been a rough few days.  My grandmother died Sunday night, and I continued to be concerned about my screwed-up file at work.

The screwed-up file situation has at least resolved itself.  I think that now that the network is (mostly) functioning again, my file seems to be back to normal.  But my absolute favorite person in the technology department also restored my file from the two previous days, so I will be able to check certain things against the older files to make sure they are working.  Whew!

An Outfit--Monday, 11/16/15

I just loved this fun combination of houndstooth pants and a colorful floral top.  I saw a tiny thumbnail of this outfit photo on a linkup on someone's blog and something about the colors and pattern mixing jumped out at me.  I knew I'd have to try my own version right away.

From redreticule.com

For the houndstooth, I substituted a microcheck pencil skirt.  It's funny--I had planned to wear this black/teal/mustard floral top with the banded hem but when I went to get it out of the closet, I somehow forgot what I was doing and got a black/orange/mustard floral top with a banded hem instead.  How do I even have two items that are so similar?  (Answer: thrift stores.)  I liked the look of the skirt so well with that top that I have added it to my list for future outfit ideas.  But I returned the wrong top and got the right one, which I'm wearing now.


Black/teal/mustard floral knit top with banded hem (thrifted, Kohls), $1.00/wear+
Microcheck pencil skirt (JCP), $3.25/wear
Black tights
Black mary janes by Hush Puppies, $7.46/wear
Teal scarf (Target), $1.50/wear

Outfit total: $13.21

One thing that makes me happy about tights season is that I start wearing my black mary janes again.  They don't look right with bare legs--I think it's something about the contrast of the dark leather against my white skin--but I love them with a skirt and tights.  So yay for that.


In other news...Cool Ass Marketing of the Week goes to Costa Rica cat food company Super Gato.  Who doesn't love a good box?  (Link via AlreadyPretty)

No comments: