Saturday, August 22, 2015

Painterly

The Shoes--Saturday, 8/22/15

This is one of my favorite outfits from Alecz lately.  Houndstooth + mint + purple = so cute.

From forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

I didn't have the items to reproduce this excellent business casual look, but it did give me an idea of how to get my purple shrug into the Work the Wardrobe game in a weekend ensemble.


Black exercise tank (Kohls)
Purple shrug (Target), $5.00/wear+
Black and white striped skirt (thrifted, Target), $0.42/wear
Aqua infinity scarf (Target), $3.90/wear
Brushstroke flats (Payless), $3.33/wear

Outfit total: $12.65/wear

I didn't like the aqua quite as much as the mint with the purple, but it was fine--and purple aqua, and black are all represented in my brushstroke flats, so that made for a nice tie-it-together-while-mixing-it-up addition to the outfit.


And here is a random photo of my iced tea station in the kitchen.  Buying an iced tea machine has completely rocked my world, people.  Perfect iced tea, every day.  It is one of the simple pleasures (one might even say joys) of life.  Perhaps the only downside to it is that I have grown so accustomed to drinking (decaf) iced tea every day as my primary beverage that I cannot bear the idea of forgoing it so I can walk to my office (a jug of iced tea is too heavy for me to carry that distance).  And it's really a stretch to call that a downside.

I must give some credit where it's due, though--Dunn Bros. sells a delicious English breakfast/Earl Grey (caffeinated) iced tea blend that is so good, I used to stop by the place a couple blocks from my old Snow City apartment about once a week for it.  At first, they were selling refills for 25c, but then they stopped, so that a refill was another $4 or whatever.  That was madness and I refused to pay it.  So $20 for an iced tea maker later and I can now have my own delightful and decaffeinated iced tea blend every day.

I have trained Robert so well at making my iced tea that now, on the rare occasions I make it for myself, I am like, Um, how many of which tea bags do I use again?  (Thanks, Robert!)



In other news...All week I've been seeing this message when I pin something to Pinterest.  Come on, guys, you can do better, right?  Right!


Today is super windy, and we are under a tornado watch.  The wind blew the cover off our grill and knocked down the bird feeder a little while ago.  It's gotten quite cloudy and dark outside, so I'm waiting for the rain to start any time.

No comments: