Saturday, June 20, 2015

Weekend Slump

Not Feeling It--Saturday, 6/20/15

I woke up at 10:45 this morning.  It was the kind of late sleep-in followed by achiness, lethargy, congestion, and stomach ache that spells "sick."  I feel a little bit better now that I've had breakfast and a shower, but I'm still in a pretty blah, tired state.

Luckily I had already decided that if this outfit was good enough for a "frumpy mommy" than it was good enough for me.

From confessionsofafrumpymommy.com

And thus I'm not wearing pajamas...which is a good thing because I find that wearing pajamas (or the yoga pants with t-shirt or similar non-outfits) reinforces this idea that I'm all sick and wimpy and makes me feel worse than just wearing comfy real clothes.


*Pink/orange/green Moroccan patchwork infinity scarf (Charming Charlie), $14.00/wear+
Bright pink drapey cardigan (Macy's), $3.00/wear
White short-sleeved T (Lands End), $3.00/wear
Straight leg jeans (Kohls), $1.60/wear
Captoe flats by Clarks, $4.55/wear+

I don't know about you but I could use some rabbit to cheer me up.  This sweet little snow bunny photo hangs in my office.



In other news...a nice article on thin privilege, and on a lighter note (which after the tragedy of the last few days, I can certainly use), dog wins mayoral election in Minnesota town (hat tip: Already Pretty).

No comments: